2012 Monthly Workshop Series with Urban Patchwork
12 Class Spots Available
Join us for a very special workshop led by Dani Slabaugh of Yard to Table Gardens as we learn by building an 850 gallon ferrocement rainwater cistern.
Read a summary of the process at http://yardtotablegardens.wordpress.com/
In this detailed two part workshop you’ll:
- Review setting the foundation
- Fill the form bag and shape the armature
- Mix and apply exterior plaster
- Empty and remove the form bag
- Test structural integrity
- Connect gutter and plumbing
- Plaster the cistern interior
- Connect output to a pond
Workshop participants receive a project summary and coupon for a 1-hour cistern building consultation.
Sign Up Here!
- Dates: Saturdays, March 24th and 31st, 2012
- Times: 8am – 4pm
- Location: 5703 Duval St. 78752
- Cost: $50 – Take home a project summary, materials list and coupon for a 1-hour consultation
At this time the workshop is full. Thanks for your interest! With so much interest, we’re planning another one later in the year. Email us at email@example.com if you would like to attend a future cistern workshop. We’ll notify you when it’s scheduled!