Tour and Learn: Basics of Chicken Keeping
Sunday, April 22nd, 2012, 2pm-5pm
Curious about keeping chickens?! Join us April 22nd for a workshop on raising and keeping backyard chickens while touring a yard with coops and incubators and several breeds of all ages.
Farm friends and neighbors Christie Warbasse an Susan Lemke along with Cameron Molberg of Coyote Creek Farm and our neighborhood farmer, Annelies Lottmann, will teach us about:
- How to build your coop
- Chicken breeds and uses
- Space requirements and City Ordinances
- Health and Wellness
- Hatching and raising babies
- Date: Sunday, April 22nd, 2012
- Time: 2pm – 5pm
- Location: 5614 Adams Ave, 78757
- Cost: $25 (Cost includes fresh eggs and detailed instruction. Proceeds ensure Urban Patchwork, an education nonprofit, can continue teaching communities how to work together to create and enjoy an abundant, secure food system.)
Click below to sign-up. We look forward to seeing you on the 22nd!